Keto fish sticks, am I right? You were over there thinking that nobody keto-fies fish sticks, right? Well I’m all about keto comfort food, and for me, this is a serious comfort food.
One of my favorite dinners as a kid was fish sticks dipped in ketchup, while watching cartoons with my cousins. My ode to those TV dinners? These crispy, flaky, keto fish sticks that have evolved into adult-friendly dippables. I like to offer Homemade Champagne Ketchup and/or Lemon-Dill Tartar Sauce on the side.
This recipe originally published in 2016 and has been updated.
Lemon Parmesan-Crusted Fish Sticks Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes| Cooking Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 2g Net Carbs| 434 Calories | 21g Fat | 4g Carbs | 62g Protein | 2g Fiber
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1, large egg
- 1/2 cup, crushed fine pork rinds (used a blender or food processor)
- 1/4 cup, grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 tilapia fillets, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 1 x 4-inch strips.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack over the baking sheet and lightly grease it with a little olive oil.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg.
- In another small bowl, combine the crushed pork rinds, parmesan cheese, almond flour, and lemon pepper seasoning.
- The fish strips should be rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 1-by-4 inch strips. Dip each fish strip into the beaten egg, then into the dry mix, then place on the rack over the baking sheet.
- Bake the fish sticks for 15 minutes. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Keywords: Fish Sticks