You’ll thank me for this Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers recipe, I swear you will because it’s hard to make stuffed peppers .
I think many would say that the best part of any beef sub is the steak smothered in hot, melted cheese. Who needs the bread anyway? And I’m not gont gross it up with cauliflower rice either. A craving for the real thing, deserves the real thing!
I love meals that may be prepared beforehand, and these Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are an ideal dish to make ahead to portion out for low carb lunches or a quick dinner. If you love the meat and only nibble on the pepper, then these Keto Philly Cheesesteaks are just 1 net carb each!
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 1g Net Carbs| 399 Calories | 32g Fat | 3g Carbs | 20g Protein | 2g Fiber
*Note: If you opt to eat the whole green pepper shell, make certain to factor in the 4g extra net carbs per green pepper. These figures are for the filling just.
- 4 green peppers
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup green peppers (comes from the top of the peppers you’ll cut off)
- 1 pound shaved beef steak
- Montreal steak seasoning (or add your own salt/pepper seasoning)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 7 slices of pepper jack cheese
- Cut the tops off the green peppers and put them in the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Add onions, green peppers (chopped from the tops of the green peppers you just cut), garlic and butter into a frying pan on medium. Cook until they’re soft.
- Add shaved steak to the pan and shake some Montreal beef (or other seasonings) on top. Cook all of the way through, chopping up with your spatula as you go.
- Take the green peppers from the oven when they’re soft, but not too soft to stuff. There should be some juice in the bottom, do not dump it!
- Add a slice of cheese into the cooked steak in the skillet, and mix until melted. Turn burner off and take the pan off the burner.
- Rip two slices of cheese in half and add a half on the bottom of every green pepper.
- Add two tablespoons (could use less, this just makes it less dry) of mayonnaise to the steak and mix.
- Spoon the meat into the green pepper shells.
- Add a bit of cheese to the top of all of the stuffed peppers.
- Put back in the oven on broil for approximately five minutes or until the cheese is melted to your own liking.
In the event that you loved my Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers, make sure you check out my article 15 Low Carb and Keto Sandwiches.