It is time to get comfy and cozy with a delicious bowl of cheese and broccoli soup! This recipe is really easy to prep and implement. It’s a great meal to make fast before relaxing by the fire during autumn or wintertime, or as an appetizer before dinner.
If you wish to spice things up a little bit, you could add some jalapeno peppers or pepper jack cheese.
Yields 4 servings of Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 moderate garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Pre-heat the kettle on the stove. In the pot, put the onions, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Sauté on medium until the onions are clear.
2. Sprinkle xanthan gum over the onions and butter.
3. Place the broccoli in the pot. Ensure the vegetables are coated with broth mixture.
4. Quickly stir in the cream. Stir frequently so the xanthan gum mixes in and thickens. Stir frequently to include soup to a boil.
5. Gradually begin whisking the cheese into the pot.
6. Top with more cheese and broccoli!
Each serving comes out to be 418.85 Calories, 38.68g Fats, 5.62g Net Carbs, and 12.45g Protein.
|Keto Broccoli and Cheese Soup||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tbsp butter||102||12||0||0||0||0.1|
|1 small onion||26||0.1||6.1||0.8||5.3||0.8|
|2 medium garlic cloves||8.9||0||2||0.1||1.9||0.4|
|1/2 tsp xanthan gum||10||0||2||2||0||0|
|1/2 cup chicken broth||7.5||0.3||0.6||0||0.6||0.8|
|1 cup broccoli, chopped||27||0.3||5.6||2.6||3||1.9|
|1 cup heavy cream||809||86||6.5||0||6.5||6.8|
|1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese||685||56||5.2||0||5.2||39|