I probably wouldn’t eat many eggs in any respect, if it weren’t for deviled eggs! And what’s nice about this recipe is that it works in some wholesome fats from avocado so that you don’t need to feel so bad about eating mayo.
Servings: 6 (2 egg yolks make one serving)
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 1g Net Carbs| 110 Calories | 8g Fat | 2g Carbs | 8g Protein | 1g Fiber
- 12 eggs, boiled, shelled, and sliced in half the long way
- 1 slice bacon
- 1/2 ripe avocado, medium-sized
- In a skillet, cook one piece of bacon (you can also use a microwave) until nice and crispy. Crumble, set aside, and reserve bacon fat. Yes, you’re welcome to generate a whole package to gobble at a later date, just book about 1/2 tsp of bacon fat. You need bacon fat to the filling or else it will be too dry. You may even use extra virgin olive oil.
- Slice your eggs in half and remove the yolks.
- In a bowl, combine the yolks from every egg, bacon fat, and avocado. Add salt to taste.
- Organize the egg halves on a plate or serving tray, and spoon or pipe the filling into each egg. Top with crumbled bacon and a whisp of freshly cracked pepper at the end, and function!
If you love deviled eggs then be sure to check out my post 13 Degrees of Keto Deviled Eggs next. Make sure to let me know which is your favorite in the comments below.