These Gluten Free Asian Style Meatballs are perfect for entertaining, especially when you’re tired of serving the usual party appetizers.
This gluten free meatball recipe is super easy and fun to make. Get the kids to help you!
Make gluten free meatballs for your next party
These are the ultimate gluten free cocktail meatballs! Tasty, popular with guests (especially if they’re gluten or dairy free) and easy to transport to potlucks in an insulated casserole carrier.
If you’re looking for meatballs for kids, this recipe fits the bill, too! That’s because they’re fun to eat with toothpicks and dipping sauce.
After all what kid (or kid at heart) doesn’t love to dip their food in a tangy sauce?
Serving up your gluten free meatballs recipe
When entertaining, serve the party meatball recipe on small plates with lots of toothpicks.
Guests can add a splash of the dipping sauces on their plate and then place the meatballs on top.
If you love easy party meatballs, check out Gluten Free Asian Meatballs with Hoisin Sauce. These are also terrific for dinner!
Making Asian style meatballs
What type of ground meat? When making these yummy meatballs for kids or adults, you can use either reduced fat ground pork or ground turkey – or a combination of both!
Seasoning the meatballs: To keep pork meatball recipe gluten free and dairy free, I recommend using Massel bouillon cubes and seasoning granules.
You can use any flavor of granules – chicken, beef, or vegetable for the meatballs.
Make meatballs for dinner: You can cut the recipe in half and serve the meatballs with a veggie stir fry, over brown rice or noodles with a spicy Asian sauce.
Freeze for later: Or make a full batch and freeze half of these gluten free and dairy free meatballs for another night’s dinner. Or a last minute party!
Keto friendly? Leave out the dipping sauce if you’re looking for a keto meatball recipe. Substitute a low carb sweet chili sauce for the San-J sauce to make these into tasty low carb meatballs.
Asian Style Gluten Free Meatballs
- 8 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons Massel Gluten-Free, Salt Reduced All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning Granules, any flavor
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds ground pork or turkey (or a combination of both)
- San-J Gluten Free Orange Sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Combine shallots, ginger, garlic, and Massel bouillon granules. Add ground pepper.
- Add ground pork to seasonings and mix with hands until thoroughly combined.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie dough scoop, scoop ground meat on to baking sheet until sheet is covered.
- Since ground meat will be too sticky to shape into meatballs, place baking sheet in freezer for 10-15 minutes until meatballs are slightly firmed up.
- Remove baking sheet from freezer. Shape meatballs using the palms of your hands, and place back on to baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve meatballs with toothpicks and sauce of choice.
Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 1 Hour
Servings: Makes 74 appetizer sized meatballs
- Serving size: 2 meatballs